June 15, 2004 - Matthew Good and Alert Status Red

It's a triple release day, and all with new artists to the library! Matthew Good released his second album "White Light Rock & Roll Review" on June 15, 2004 as well. But who is Matthew Good? He is a singer and guitarist from Burnaby, British Columbia and he's joined on this album by Christian Thor Valdson (guitar), Rich Priske (bass) and Pat Steward (drums). I'm not a big Matthew Good fan at all (this is the only song I have by him in my library), but the one song I have was a very successful single called "Alert Status Red". It's driven by a pretty cool lead guitar riff and Good's voice is nothing special for me, but he sings a solid enough rock verse and things sound pretty catchy. The chorus Good sings is decent but a little repetitive but he does play some cool guitar. There's a decent little guitar solo midway through and Priske plays some decent bass in the background and all in all I think this is a worthy addition to the library even if it's not anything too spectacular. If this is the best for Matthew Good though I'd hate to hear the rest, that's enough for me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

August 28, 2001 - Puddle Of Mudd and Come Clean

October 4, 1994 - Awake

June 15, 1999 - Supernatural