August 22, 2000 - Zebrahead and The Hell That Is My Life

On the same day as my last release a new band briefly joins my library when Zebrahead released their third album "Playmate Of The Year" on August 22, 2000. But who are Zebrahead? They are a five-piece punk-rock band from La Habra, California consisting of lead singer Ali Tabatabaee, lead guitarist Greg Bergdorf, rhythm guitarist and singer Justin Mauriello, bassist Ben Osmundson and drummer Ed Udhus. I'm not a Zebrahead fan at all, but they do have one super catchy song that makes my library and it's called "The Hell That Is My Life". Bergdorf plays a super catchy lead guitar riff that drives this whole song and Ali sings a pretty pop-y verse overtop about how he and his girlfriend are always fighting. He picks up the pace with a pretty fast, almost rapping part that leads into the chorus and the chorus is also really catchy. Everything has a very upbeat feel to it and it's hard not to happily bop your head along to the catchy music. After another round Bergdorf rips off a pretty cool guitar solo that is nice and fast and then they finish off with the loudest verse and chorus yet. The song seems to be over, but there is a 30 second bonus bit at the end that sounds like reggae music and Ali sings "my girlfriend left me for the Wookie". It's a very strange and funny way to finish things off and this is easily Zebrahead's best song for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 23, 1997 - Clumsy

June 15, 1999 - The Album Leaf and An Orchestrated Rise To Fall

July 10, 2000 - Coldplay and Parachutes